This program is funded through a partnership with the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley and assists eligible clients with, among other things, first month's rent, back rent, mortgage payments (principal and interest only), utility assistance and some vehicle repairs. The amount of assistance depends upon the client's immediate need and the availability of funding. The program is designed to be used if a client is unable to receive assistance through other sources.
Qualification Guidelines and/or Checklists:
- To apply, contact your nearest Outreach Office to determine their eligibility and availability of funding. This is important because funds are available during certain times and not at others.
- You will need written denials from any other agencies or documentation on what they have provided. Some examples of agencies may include municipal welfare offices, DHHS emergency funds, Share funds and Woman Aide. Always ask for a letter on what was done.
- All clients, regardless of what type of assistance you are seeking, will need to supply documentation of all household income for the last 30 days. Include employment, self-employment, unemployment, workmen's compensation, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Social Security Disability Insurance, child support, alimony, pensions, any other money received from family members and any other income received.
- For help with Utility assistance, you will need copies of your most recent utility bills, and your disconnect notice if one has been issued.
- For help with 1st Month's Rent or Back Rent, client's new or existing Landlord will need to sign a statement indicating that they will accept the payment from Community Action Partnership of Strafford County along with an eviction notice or demand for rent if one has been issued. For first month's rent we will need a copy of lease with listed rent amount.
- For help with past due Mortgage, please have copy of Loan account #, name of institution, who to contact and loan documents for proof of amount of 1 month mortgage and interest only.
- For car repair you will need estimate from garage and what is needed to either pass inspection or to get vehicle running for employment.
- Fax numbers and contact names on any of the above will allow the process to move along.
- All money will be paid directly to vendors. We do not reimburse.
Contact Information: Call 603-516-8139