Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/cap/public_html/templates/yoo_nano/warp/systems/joomla/layouts/com_content/article/default.php on line 13
Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplicationCms::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/cap/public_html/libraries/cms/application/site.php on line 279
We are accepting applications now for children ages 3-5 for our Head Start program. Interested in learning more? Call 603-652-0990 for information.
Head Start is a national school readiness program that provides comprehensive education, health, nutrition, and parent and community involvement services to children from eligible families in Strafford County, New Hampshire.
Head Start serves children at our centers or in the home:
Children ages 3-5 (do not have to be potty trained)
Part-day center and home-based options
Birth certificate or other verification of date of birth
Verification of income(12 months)
There may be space for over-income families
Head Start Center Based (ages 3-5) in Dover, Farmington, Milton, Rochester & Somersworth:
- High-quality early education 5 days a week for 4 hours a day
- Individualized curriculum
- An inclusive program for children with disabilities or developmental delays
- Nutritious breakfast and lunch
- Health screenings (including dental, vision, and hearing)
- Access to mental health and nutrition professionals
- Family support through home visits and access to a Family Advocate
- Parent involvement and volunteer opportunities
- Educational field trips (transportation provided) and special events
Extended day services may be available through our child care program at your site. Additional information on rates and availability on child care can be obtained by calling 603-755-2883.
Head Start Home Based (ages 3-5) in Barrington, Dover, Farmington, Milton, Rochester & Somersworth:
- Brings ideas for activities for you and your child.
- Shows you how to use things in your home to teach your child.
- Plans and demonstrates activities for you.
- Assists you in finding what community resources are available for such things as nutrition, mental health, family planning, and special education services.
- Home Visitors visit their families each week for 90 minutes over the course of the Head Start school year (determined annually).