Electrical Assistance

The New Hampshire Electric Assistance Program gives eligible customers a discount on their monthly electric bills. The discount is from 9% to 77% depending on your gross household income, household size and electricity use. This discount helps make electric bills more affordable and can help prevent service disconnect. You must make an appointment at the nearest Outreach Office to apply for the program.

Benefits and participation are subject to availability of funds. These companies participate in the program: National Grid, New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, Public Service of New Hampshire and Unitil Energy Systems. Please note: Households can also apply for and receive fuel assistance at the same appointment, if eligible.

Electrial Assistance Forms & Documents

You will need to bring with you to your appointment 30 days verification of all household income such as: Social Security Income, SSI, APTD, ANB, FAP, NHEP, Employment Income, Unemployment, Annuities, Pensions, Child Support, Alimony, Interest over $100 annually.

Self Employment is done on your annual income will need a signed copy of your 2014 Tax Return including all schedules.

Recent copy of your electric bill.

You are eligible if:

You are a renter or a homeowner who receives an electric bill from any of the companies listed above.

You have a gross household income that qualifies you at the time you apply.

Web Link:

New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission

Contact Fuel & Electrical Assistance

For information or to schedule an appointment for Fuel or Electrical Assistance, please call any Outreach Office to make an appointment at any location (please note our phone numbers have changed):

Dover Outreach: 61 Locust Street, Suite 240 or 603-460-4237.

Farmington Outreach: 527 Main Street, Farmington or 603-460-4313.



Electrial Assistance Testimonial

Diane L. is a senior citizen who lives alone in subsidized housing in Rochester. For her, electrical assistance is a matter of survival, especially in the summer. She only has one lung and air conditioning is critical to her wellbeing.

"It would be a hardship for me to pay my electric bill without it," she said.

Dover resident Dianne S. told CAP how happy she was to receive fuel assistance this year.

"Just your letter made me feel warmer already. I promise you that I will conserve my electric heat. Being on Social Security only, I must watch every penny. Thank you again, you answered my prayers."