Our home visiting programs help families by providing support and knowledge in a wide variety of areas. Each home visitor respectfully supports families in their roles as their child's first and best teacher while teaching families how to help their child/children grow and learn in a healthy home environment.
• Increase knowledge of child development and positive discipline
• Support the maintenance of a safe home environment that practices positive stress management
• Prenatal/infant and child health education and information
• Increase positive parenting and co-parenting attitudes while setting realistic family rules
• Promote positive parent child interaction and communication
• Support family health through proper nutrition, medical care and safety
• Activities to help parents promote their child's education
• Child care services to eligible families through the Farmington Children's Center
• Referral to community resources
Home visiting program services are provided by well-trained staff who partner with families to develop positive, attainable goals while offering guidance and support to minimize stress and maximize success. All home visiting services are voluntary and free of charge for eligible families. Services are conducted in the home and are available to pregnant women and families with children birth through age 21. We accept families through referrals.
Contact information: Call 603-435-2500 ext. 8108 if you have questions or want further information
Home Visiting Can Help! This is the story of one of our clients: Stephanie, 22 is enrolled in the Home Visiting Program. Two years ago, she was pregnant and homeless. Today, she is the mother of a happy, healthy 15-month-old child. They live together in a transitional housing unit, and Stephanie has many plans for their future. Life has not been easy for her, but she showed her determination to give her son a good start in life by reaching out to and enrolling in the our program. Stephanie wants to not just have a job, but a career. She completed a Licensed Nursing Assistant course in spite of transportation and childcare issues and has gone on to pass her state exam and is receiving her LNA license.
More Client Testimonials:
“I would love to see Tara more than an hour a week. She is someone I look forward to seeing every week. Through all the hard things that has been happening, she has been a rock. I don't think I could have gone threw it without her.”
“HV has been open and warm to myself and my family. I know if I ever need a listening ear she will be here to help. I have no suggestions I am pleased with my care.