We are an equal opportunity employer
After-School Program Teacher-Kindergarten (full time)
The After-School Program Teacher will provide a daily schedule of developmentally appropriate activities for kindergarten age children at the Farmington Children's Center. The Teacher is responsible for the overall classroom management and health and safety of children in a childcare setting.
Education and experience:
• Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field with a minimum of 30 credits in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education.
• Interest and desire to interact and work with young children and adults.
• Prior experience working with kindergarten children preferred and the commitment to continued training.
• Comfortable with use of computer programs including Microsoft Office.
• Current or able to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Supervise and ensure the safety of all children in the classroom at all times.
• Plan and implement developmentally appropriate lessons plans and activities to complement and enhance the school systems Kindergarten curriculum.
• Supervise childcare aide or volunteer in classroom, if applicable
• Provide an atmosphere which encourages the children to participate and become self-reliant and creative.
• Provide an environment that is organized, clean, safe, stimulating, and child centered.
• Greet parents, keeping them updated on their child's activities, program schedules and events.
• Prepare and distribute a monthly newsletter. Maintain a parent information board with posted weekly schedule and monthly menu.
• Maintain accurate children's attendance sheets and meal count sheets. Turn completed sheets into the Center office at the end of each week.
• Keep the classroom first aid kit/emergency pack filled with all necessary supplies.
• Remain current with the NH State Licensing Manual, following all licensing rules and requirements.
• Maintain inventory of classroom supplies
• Maintain regular contact with the Center Director, meeting for monthly supervision.
• Attend monthly Building Meetings and in-service trainings.
• Participate in Center Open Houses and fund raising activities.
• Report any problems to the Center Director.
• Must obtain18 hours of continuing education through workshops, trainings, or courses related to early childhood education, annually.
• Other duties as assigned.
Certificates and licenses: Valid driver's license and insured vehicle (100/300 minimum coverage) for use on the job or acceptable alternative, driving record check, criminal record check, randomized drug screening. Head Start, Early Head Start, Childcare, and Home Visiting Programs are also subject to the following: Head Start and child care licensing requires a criminal record check and finger printing to be completed prior to employment. An initial physical examination record, including a TB screening must be obtained within 60 days of hire, updated every three years and kept on file with Human Resources. If a TB screening indicates high risk, results of a TB test must be kept on file including any treatment received. An initial driving record check will be conducted. License information will also be submitted to the agency's automobile insurance carrier.
Please send resume and cover letter to by November 3, 2014.
Bids & Proposals
None at this time
Interested in volunteering? Contact