JobsWe are an equal opportunity employer
Elderly Services Coordinator (part time)
The Elderly Services Coordinator assumes the responsibility for service management for elderly and disabled residents living in Covered Bridge Manor.; works in conjunction with the Housing Manager and other management staff at Dover Housing Authority and staff at Community Action Partnership of Stafford County.
Requirements & Duties: Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Public Health preferred but not required
- Must have knowledge of community services in the community with particular knowledge of services provided for the elderly population
- Must have good communication, writing, problem solving and organizational skills in addition to strong advocacy capabilities
- Assists and advises residents and families of the services which may be necessary to maintain a self-reliant lifestyle
- Reports all suspected abuse situations to the appropriate agency
- Advocates and may negotiate on behalf of residents for adequate, timely and cost effective provision of services
- Meets with service providers as needed and appropriate; provides resident screening to determine appropriateness of referral for further assessment by the clinical case managers.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning resident files and information
- Must have computer skills including the ability to operate computerized spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level
- Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems; to work with frequent interruptions and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations. Must have excellent listening skills.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, punch, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to transport self to meetings and events as required or requested.
- Valid Driver's License and insured vehicle (100/300 minimum coverage) for use on the job or acceptable alternative, criminal record check, driving record check & randomized drug screening.
Bids & Proposals
None at this time
Currently Under Development